Thursday, September 11, 2008

Personalized Genetics Gets More Exciting and Affordable

I've been following the field of personalized genetics for a long time now so I thought I would share this post I just wrote today on the OrganizedWisdom blog:

Personal Genetics Just Got A Whole Lot More Exciting, And Affordable

I'm thinking about signing up for the 23andMe service and having my own DNA mapped. Even though the price has dropped dramatically, it still costs $399. Given that is the same price as an iPod or digital camera these days, I figure my health is definitely worth the investment.

Once I get some results in, I'll probably share some more details about the process and what I learned. Hopefully I find out good news that will help me focus on wellness and prevention. But there's no telling what my details will show. As they say, you can choose your friends and even your neighbors, but you're stuck with your DNA.

If anyone is interested in trying the 23andMe service I have a 25% off coupon that says it's valid until 9/16/08. Ping me and I'll be happy to share.

No comments: